Conversation with the EPO-USPTO
- Conversation with the EPO-USPTO, Mr. Mark Powell, Deputy Commissioner, Office of International Patent Cooperation, United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Practical tips and Strategies for US applicants before EPO, Alfred Spigarelli, Director Patent Procedures Management
- Update on electronic tools of the EPO – notification, filing and fee payment, Heli Pihlajamaa, Director Patent Law
- Clarity - Article 84 EPC, Heli Pihlajamaa, Director Patent Law
- Inventive step at the EPO, How it works, Alfred Spigarelli, Director Patent Procedures Management
Luncheon CLE Materials
2013 Annual Institute: The following papers were not available on the flash drive at the 2013 Institute.
2012 Annual Institute: The following papers were not available on the flash drive at the 2012 Institute.
2011 Annual Institute: The following papers were received too late to include in the materials distributed at the 2011 Institute.
2010 Annual Institute: The following papers were received too late to include in the materials distributed at the 2010 Institute.
2008 Annual Institute: The following papers were received too late to include in the printed materials at the 2008 Institute.
2007 Annual Institute: The following papers and PowerPoint presentations were received too late to include in the printed materials at the 2007 Institute.
PowerPoint presentations are displayed by Acrobat reader by default in portrait orientation - rotate 90 degrees clockwise to view.
NOTE: Some presentations are very large files - be patient for download!
- HIPLA Feburary 2017 Luncheon CLE: Lessons from the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit’s Recent Jurisprudence on Inter Partes and Post-Grant Review, Kyle E. Friesen
- HIPLA January 2015 Luncheon CLE: EPO at 41: European Patent Office Practice Update, Charles Knobloch
- HIPLA November 2014 Luncheon CLE: Practice Pointers: Inter Partes Review, James H. Hall
- HIPLA June 2014 Luncheon CLE: Obtaining Fees, Sanctions, and Enhanced Damages post Octane Fitness, John Hutchins
- HIPLA May 2014 Luncheon CLE: CBM: What and CBM: What and Why?, David Healey
- HIPLA April 2014 Luncheon CLE: The Uniform Patch to Texas Trade Secret Law -
TUTSA Overview and Best Practices, Greg Porter and Irene Kosturakis
- HIPLA May 2013 Luncheon CLE: U.S. Patent Opinions, David L. Fox, Ph.D.
- HIPLA April 2013 Luncheon CLE: The Vitiation of Vitiation: Doctrine of Equivalents in Flux, John Hutchins of Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- HIPLA February 2013 Luncheon Ethics CLE: Gunn v. Minton: Terrorizing Patent Practitioners With "Arising Under" Jurisdiction in Patent Malpractice Cases, Mike Sellers of Bracewell & Guiliani
- HIPLA September 2012 Luncheon CLE: Trade Secrets: Value and Damages Considerations, Justin Blok & Lance Morman, OverMont Consulting
- HIPLA January 2010 Luncheon CLE: E-Discovery Work Product Repository, Bill Galivan GGO
Amended Opinion and Order, Judge Scheindlin, 1-15-2010
- HIPLA August 2009 Luncheon CLE: Overview of IP Damages & Injunctions, Robert Vigil & Kara Gorski
- HIPLA May 2009 Luncheon CLE: Recent Changes in the Grievance Procedure and How They Will Affect Your Law Practice, Robert "Bob" Bennett
- HIPLA February 2009 Luncheon CLE: Media Savvy Litigation in the Internet Age, David Marguilles
- HIPLA November 2008 Luncheon CLE: Intriguing IP Cases You May Have Missed, Tom Morrow, Yetter, Warden & Coleman, LLP
- HIPLA January 2008 Luncheon CLE: European Patent Law Update, Stephen Gill, Mewburn Ellis LLP
- HIPLA November 2007 Luncheon CLE: I Have to Tell the Examiner what?!? -
Disclosure after McKesson, Shawn H. Foster, ExxonMobil Chemical Company
- HIPLA May 2007 Luncheon CLE: Power Point Presentation by Tamsen Valoir
HIPLA Endowment at the UH Law Center: Thank you letters:
- Attorney Opinions, Waiver, And The New Law of Willful Infringement In Light of In Re Seagate, William L. LaFuze
- Attorney Opinions, Waiver, And The New Law of Willful Infringement In Light of In Re Seagate (PowerPoint Presentation), William L. LaFuze
- Controlling IP Litigation Costs, Paul E. Krieger
- Controlling IP Costs - An In-House Perspective, Richard F. Phillips
- Covenants Not to Compete and Effective Strategies to Prevent Unfair Competition, Tim McInturf and Tim Rybacki
- Cyberlaw Remedies: Fighting Cybersquatters, Cyberpirates, & Cybercriminals, Tim Headley
- Effects of KSR International Co. v. Teleflex Inc.
- Ethics Update, Professor Leslie Griffin
- Managing Patent Costs
- Nuts and Bolts of Trademark Prosecution, Jill McWhirter, Merillat Frost, Craig Stone
- Perils of Patent Reform: Flexibility’s Achilles Heel, F. Scott Kieff
- Recent Developments In Patent Law Decisions by the Supreme Court and the Federal Circuit August 2006- August 2007, Gale R. Peterson
- Trademark Dilution: A New Era, Bill Barber
- John M. Rudley (University of Houston Interim Chancellor of the UH System and Interim President of the University of Houston)
- Ray T. Nimmer (University of Houston Law Center Dean)
©2014 Houston Intellectual Property Law Association, all rights reserved
site design by web designs of houston